12.14.2009

to continue (or rather, to begin...)

The time is 12:55am. The past hour of my life has been spent tinkering with all of the bells and whistles that come with the joy of starting my own "blog." I guess now that I have accrued a "blog," I can renounce the enclosure of " " around the word blog. There is nothing to " " anymore; I am officially a blogger, a comrade of this mysterious, yet paradoxically connected, world of blogs. Let me clarify: the concept of blogging has provided me a source of perpetual curiosity--the idea of mystery, of secrecy behind a blogger's true identity is quite contradictory to the abundance of connectedness, and oftentimes empathy, many people feel as they read into the thoughts and lives of complete and total strangers. But, alas, I have decided that my time has come: I am officially a blogger.

The purpose of this blog is so specific, and yet so complex and vague. Let me try to explain myself...

My life as a young adult has begun. At twenty-two, I have broken away from my comfortable life as a college student, and have set off onto my own path to realize my own potential. At this moment, all of the things I claim to know about myself, my dreams, and the essence of life surrounding me, are being challenged. In all of this fury--a mix of constructive and ill-natured madness--I find myself thinking one thing: I am discovering an incredible amount of fact at an incredibly swift pace. Each day, a new moral or realization shows itself. I form an opinion, a feeling, about something. And each day, I ponder the eminence of recording this rapidly developing awareness of "the real world," for one day, my brain shall become cluttered with an abundance of such information, and I will forget the thoughts that I felt on these pivotal days of my youth. Someday, I will have my own family, my own children, to whom many of these thoughts will be of value. I am no champion of the world, and do not strive to be; but the more I live, the more I think, the more I learn, the more I inescapably seem to know.

To continue the aura of my blog's title, "victuscurious," I hope to do just that: to live with curiosity. To ask questions and gather answers, and to chronicle such happenings.

With this, at 1:41 am, I bid adieu--good night, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment